Intel Server and Workstation Products
The mainstream 2U rackmount server R2216BB4GC for data center, cloud, and hosting applications.
Mfg. Part Number:
Intel R2216BB4GC, retail kit.
Features & Benefits:
The Intel® Server System R2200BB family takes full advantage of the new Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2400 product family features and was engineered for energy efficient performance. Optimizations include a spread core design of the CPU sockets, 12V power input, high efficiency VR components and design as well as 80PLUS Platinum certified power supplies and customized fan speed controls to deliver the best available price/performance/watt.
• Integrated 2U rack system featuring the Intel® Server Board S2400BB4
• Supports two Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2400 product family
• Support for up to 24 2.5” hot-swap hard drives (6G SATA/SAS options)
• Energy efficient spread core design and integrated power distribution
• Five redundant and hot-swappable fans for enterprise-level cooling
• Intel® Remote Management Module 4 (Intel® RMM4) included
• 12 memory sockets support LR/U/R-DIMMs delivering up to 384 GB of memory capacity
• Six PCIe Gen3 slots (4 x8 , 2 x4) for superb I/O flexibility
• Two 750W AC common redundant power supply (80PLUS Platinum efficiency)
• Onboard flash boot support includes eUSB SSD and SATA DOM
• Intel® Trusted Platform Module (Intel® TPM) header for Intel® Trusted Execution Technology (Intel® TXT) support
• Intel® I/O Expansion Modules supported via dedicated onboard connector
The Intel Server System R2200BB family is the flexible and energy efficient choice for data center and cloud applications where ROI is measured in price/performance/watt.
Server Type: 2U
CPU Socket: 2
Memory Dimm: 12
HDD Bay: 16x 2.5"
LAN: 4x GbE
Expansion Slot: 6
Power Supply: 750W (1+1) redundancy
Product Form Factor
Intel® R2200 2U rackmount server barebone
Physical Dimensions (H x W x D): 3.5" x 17.2" x 24.75"
Intel® rackmount rail kit included
Intel® mainstream Server Board S2400BB4, Intel® custom dimensions 13.5" x 13.5".
Dual sockets of Intel® B2, LGA 1356-pin.
Support Intel® QPI system bus speed up to 8 GT/s
Support Intel® 64-bit processor:
- 8-core Intel® new generation processor Xeon® E5-2400 series (Sandy Bridge-EN)
Support CPU max TDP up to 95W
Intel® CPU cooling kits included
Intel® C602 Platform Controller Hub (PCH) chipset, support optional Intel® Storage Option Select keys.
12x DDR3 240-pin DIMM sockets
Three-channel memory bus per processor
Support Max memory bandwidth up to 614.4GB/s
Support Unbuffered DDR3 (UDIMM), registered DDR3 (RDIMM), & Load Reduced DDR3 (LRDIMM) memory types.
Support ECC type of memory
Support DDR3-1600/1333/1066/800 memory data transfer rates dependent on memory type
Support Max memory size up to 384GB dependent on memory type
Support 1.5V standard memory voltage & 1.35V Low memory voltage
Expansion Slot Options
Four PCIe x8 Gen3 slots
Two PCIe x4 Gen3 slots
One Intel® IO Expansion Module slot PCIe x8 Gen3
One Intel® Internal IO Expansion Module slot PCIe x8 Gen3
Integrated On-Board Device
• Storage Controller
- Support two SATA3 6.0 Gb/s ports (1x AHCI 7-pin SATA, 1x mSATA) via Intel® C602 Express Chipset.
- Two mini-SAS connectors, support up to eight SAS/SATA2 3Gb/s ports via SCU SATA.
- Support software SATA RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 for four SATA ports via Intel® RSTe and LSI MegaRAID.
- Intel® SATA 8-Port RAID C600 Upgrade Key RKSATA8 included for expanded SAS/SATA RAID capabilities
- 1x 2x5-pin eUSB connector, support 2mm low-profile eUSB solid state drive
- Intel® SAS ROC modules as optional for SAS support
• Server Management
Onboard Server Engines Pilot III Server Management Controller (iBMC):
- Integrated Baseboard Management Controller (Integrated BMC), IPMI 2.0 compliant.
Support Intel® Server Management Software
- Intel® Remote Management Module 4 (Intel® RMM4) AXXRMM4 included for IPMI remote control support
Intel® Intelligent Power Node Manager
Intel® TPM Version 1.2 for security support
• Networking Controller
Two Intel® i350 dual-port Gigabit Ethernet Controllers with RJ-45 output
• Graphics Controller
Integrated 2D Video Controller with 16 MB DDR3 Memory
Support Discrete graphics
External I/O Port
1x DB-15 15-pin VGA connector (1x front)
1x RJ-45 serial port A connector at rear
4x RJ-45 Network Interface Connectors supporting 10/100/1000Mb LAN at rear
5x USB 2.0 connectors (2x front, 3x rear)
Internal I/O Port
1x 7-pin SATA3 6Gb/s port, 1x mSATA 6Gb/s port for mSATA SSD.
2x mini-SAS connectors support up to 8x SAS/SATA 3Gb/s ports
1x Type-A USB 2.0 connector
1x 2x5-pin connectors for 2x USB 2.0 ports
1x 2x15-pin SSI-EEB compliant front panel header
1x 2x7-pin front panel video connector
1x 1x7-pin header for optional Intel® Local Control Panel support
1x DH-10 Serial Port B connector
Front Panel Feature
Button: Power, ID, NMI, Reset.
LED: Power, System Status, HDD, LAN.
Port: 2x USB 2.0
Eight 2.5" drive bays with HDD hot-swap tray
Intel 8-port SAS/SATA backplane installed
One 5.25" optical drive bay for slim-line drive, Intel SATA slim optical drive AXXSATADVDROM as optional.
AC 750W (1+1) redundant power supply
High-efficient with 80 Plus Platinum level
Five system cooling fans in the middle
Mfg. limited 3-year warranty
Supported Operating System
(1) Intel® Server Board S2400BB4 with 12 DIMM support in 2U chassis
(1) Standard control panel
(1) Front 1xVGA and 2xUSB on dedicated tray
(1) Provision for 2 SSD mount on airduct
(1) 16x2.5” HDD support
(6) SFF8087 to SFF8087 cables
(2) CPU heatsinks
(5) Redundant and hotswap cooling fans
(2) risers with 3 x8 slots (2xFHFL 1xFHHL)
(1) RKSAS8 storage activation key installed – to enable 8 ports SATA
(1) 24 port expander integrated
(2) 750W AC Power Supply
(1) Full Intel® Remote Management Module 4 (key and NIC) preinstalled
(1) Value rails